Contact and visits
Arboretum Wespelaar is OPEN every Wednesday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., until Sunday, November 14th, 2021 included.
Current measures against the coronavirus - update 25/03/2021
For safety reasons, we ask you to register in advance (choose a 30 minute time slot to arrive and buy your ticket). Annual ticket holders and children up to the age of 12 do not need to register, but arrive 15 minutes before or 15 minutes after the hour to avoid lines.
Furthermore, please follow the following measures:
- The visitor centre remains open to the visitors
- Sanitary facilities are accessible in the visitor centre, in the technical building close to the parking, and in the new Artois Pavilion
- The cafeteria is closed and picnics (inside or outside) are not allowed
- Wearing a mouth mask inside the buildings is mandatory
- Please keep your distances
Foundation Arboretum Wespelaar
Grote Baan 63 - B-3150 Haacht-Wespelaar - Belgium
Tel.: +32 (0)16 60 86 41 – Fax: +32 (0)16 60 13 53
- Adults and children +12 years: € 5
- Children -12 years (accompanied by an adult): free
- Annual ticket for families: € 30
Update: Because of the safety measures against the coronavirus, guided visits are currently not possible.
- To be requested in advance, also possible on other days than our opening days
- € 50 per group (max. 25 persons) and € 5 entrance fee per person.
- Reception desk: for all your questions
- Cafeteria: hot and cold drinks and small snacks are available in a vending machine
- The Arboretum does not have hard surface paths. Please bring appropriate footgear.
- Dogs are not allowed
- Drones are not allowed
Arboretum Wespelaar is situated on the border of the triangle Brussels - Mechelen - Leuven. We are easily accesible, not only by car but also by public transport (bus and train stations are at walking distances, station 'Wespelaar - Tildonk') or even by bike (through the canal Leuven-Mechelen). Except for cars, the entrance of the Arboretum Wespelaar ('Rode Poort' - red gate) is situated in front of the church of Wespelaar on the Grote Baan. Cars can drive to parking 1 through the 'Groene Poort' (green gate), a small road next to the school of Wespelaar situated on the Elisabeth Willemslaan nr. 6). If the parking is full there, cars can also park on the Grote Baan in front of the church of Wespelaar. This can all be found on the map of the arboretum.
Thank you for your understanding.
Since a few years we are confronted with more and more Oak Processionaries on our big pedunculate oaks but also on other plants of the collection. The hairs of these caterpillars can cause severe allergies.
Visitors can consult the regulations here.