The Arboretum Wespelaar holds a specialized collection of trees and shrubs from around the world, hardy in Belgium. It welcomes any woody species; giants and prostrate dwarfs, common and rare, beautiful and less glorious, and especially all those that are threatened in the wild and can find a home in the temperate Belgian climate.
Acer, Magnolia, Rhododendron and Stewartia are particularly well represented in the Arboretum. In addition to these, you will find a large collection of other genera such as Betula, Carpinus, Euonymus, Ilex, Tilia, Quercus, Styrax, Viburnum and many more. Please pay us a visit and ask for one of our guided tours.
Our catalogue of woody and perennial plants can be downloaded here:
- Catalogue of woody plants (by name)
- Catalogue of woody plants (by location)
- Catalogue of perennials (by number)
- Catalogue of perennials (by name)
- Codes for source of plants
- Key to codes used in catalogue
Pictures © Arboretum Wespelaar